Sunday, September 04, 2005

Final Confirmations

So, I received a confirmation e-mail for my film selections. Looks like my friend and I got 19 out of 20 first choices, and 1 second choice. We split our selections in half; my friend ended up in box 5 with 10 of our films, and I ended up in box 20 with the other 10. Box 5 confirmations went out around Saturday at 8:00 PM, while I got my box 20 confirmations Sunday at 2:00 PM.

I thought for sure at least 4 of our box 20 selections would've been sold out, but we ended up getting all of them. The only movie we didn't get was in box 5, and that was Beowulf and Grendel! I wouldn't have guessed that Beowulf was that popular.

Kudos to the festival for the e-mail confirmations this year; I think that's a great innovation for the whole advanced ticketing process. Be interesting to see if that affects the size of the line on Monday for ticket pickup.

Anyway, I hope to be able to post mini-reviews for the following 20 films, along with any Q&A commentary, once the festival begins.

L'Annulaire
Banlieue 13
Everything Is Illuminated
Frankie
Gentille
Iron Island
Linda, Linda, Linda
Lucid
Mistress of Spices
Obaba
Opa!
Saints-Martyrs-des-Damnes
Souvenir of Canada
Takeshis'
Tideland
La Vie avec Mon Pere
We Feed the World
Winter Passing
Workingman's Death
You Bet Your Life

0 comments:

My experiences at the Toronto International Film Festival. Note this blog is not affiliated with the Toronto International Film Festival Group or the festival itself.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites