The festival released a number of details for the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival today. Some changes for this year include:
- The Festival Box Office is at Metro Hall this year, at 225 King Street W, on the concourse level. Entrance is on Duncan Street. It opens August 23, 2011.
- The Princess of Wales Theatre is being used as a venue this year in addition to the venues from last year.
- There is a TIFF Choice 5-Film Sampler Pack, where the festival programmers select 5 films for you.
- There is a My Choice 20-Film Daytime Pack, where you can select 20 regular screenings that start before 5:01 PM. This appears to replace the 15 and 25-Film Daytime Packs from last year.
- There is a Back Half Pack, where you can get 5 tickets for regular screenings from September 13 to 18 at half the cost of regular tickets.
- There is discounted pricing for individual tickets if you are 25 or younger.
- Advance Order Books are due at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, August 29, 2011 instead of at mid-day.
- People are also reporting that the number of daytime screenings is being increased, which was a criticism last year from regular festival-goers. We'll have to wait for the scheduled to be released in August to see.