The festival has released details on ticket packages for the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival, which is on from September 5 to 15, 2013.
Full credit to the festival this year for including far more information and details this year on the ticket packages, pricing, and process. Check out the official festival site here:
The Ticket Wizard provides help on selecting which package may be best for you.
The Product List provides information on each ticket package and on single tickets, including a detailed breakdown of pricing.
The Key Dates page provides important dates you should keep an eye on.
Ticket Info has information about the ticketing process.
Ticket Policies has information about conditions and restrictions, such as how many packages you can buy per account.
FAQ has answers to frequently asked questions.
Some initial observations on the ticket packages for this year:
- I think prices are up very slightly; note this year they are including HST (provincial/federal sales tax) in their listed prices (but not the additional fees that may be tacked on). I think in previous years they had excluded HST and fees from the listed prices.
- There's no separate 10-ticket pack; it's been included in the "Regular Flex Pack", which allows you to by in increments of 10 tickets from 10 to 100.
- The Contemporary World Cinema TIFF Choice Pack is slightly different this year; you get extended Q&As with each of the 5 films.
- Note the Premium Flex Pack, Back-Half Pack, and Daytime Pack My Choice ticket packages each have two sizes; e.g. the Premium Flex Pack has one version with 6 tickets, and another version with 12.
- The Online system will be used again this year; Members have earlier windows for ticket purchase and selection as always, determine by their specific member level.
- For My Choice Packages, there is a limit of one package type per account; i.e. you can't buy 2 Daytime Packs; however, with these packages you can get 4 tickets per screening per account. Exchanges are allowed only prior to the day of screening.
- For TIFF Choice Packages, you can buy up to 4 per account; there doesn't appear to be a restriction on type; e.g. you could buy 2 Midnight Madness packages. No exchanges are allowed on tickets in these packages.
- June 25, 2013: Ticket packages go on-sale to TIFF Members at 10:00 AM ET
- July 3, 2013: Ticket packages go on-sale to the general public, but only if paying by Visa, at 10:00 AM ET
- July 10, 2013: Ticket packages go on-sale to the general public for all payment methods at 10:00 AM ET
- August 19, 2013: Ticket selection windows are e-mailed to people who have purchased My Choice Packages
- August 20, 2013: Official Film Schedule released
- August 21, 2013: full film schedule posted online
- August 22 - 23, 2013: TIFF Patrons Circle Members can purchase single tickets
- August 24 - 27, 2013: TIFF Contributor Members and up make My Choice Regular Flex Pack and Premium Flex Pack ticket selections
- August 27 - 30, 2013: Everyone else makes My Choice Regular Flex Pack and Premium Flex Pack ticket selections
- August 30, 2013: By 7:00 PM ET, all My Choice package choices must have been submitted
- August 31, 2013: TIFF Choice Package holders are notified of what films they will be seeing
- August 31, 2013: At 9:00 AM, off-sale screenings (i.e. sold out screenings) will be posted at tiff.net.
- September 1, 2013: Single tickets go on sale to everyone at 9:00 AM ET.
- September 2, 2013: At 9:00 AM ET, My Choice ticket holders can pick up their tickets and make exchanges.
- September 2, 2013: My Choice Back-Half and Daytime Package holders make ticket selections