Had a chance to listen to and ask a few questions of some TIFF staffers on ticketing this year, as well some other miscellaneous tidbits, collected below:
- I've updated the Important Dates page with more detailed breakdowns of what happens when. Main thing I got was a more detailed breakdown of purchase windows for TIFF members, which I know doesn't necessarily help everyone, but the info is there anyway.
- Note Visa cardholders still get to purchase ticket packages earlier, but the festival now accepts all major credit cards the rest of the time.
- The person from TIFF wasn't sure, but she thought that it might be the case advance ticketing windows would be from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- They are also didn't have any info on what the specific pricing is in the big Flex Pack (e.g. say if you wanted 50 tickets).
- If you purchase multiple packages, you will still only get one login window for completing your picks (assuming they are all related to the same membership/account).
- You can have a maximum of 100 package tickets per membership/account, regardless of the combination of packages you might purchase.
- You can have up to 4 TIFF Choice packages, plus 1 Regular flex pack, plus 1 Premium flex pack per membership/account. So I would take that to mean you could by a 50-ticket Flex Pack and a 6-Premium-Ticket pack, but you couldn't buy a second 6-Premium-Ticket pack as well. I'm not completely sure on this, as the names and definitions of the packages leave this particular policy open to interpretation.
- The newly renovated Bloor Hot Docs cinema is an official theatre this year.
- There was a bit of talk as to the possibility that Midnight Madness might not only be in the Ryerson this year, but I don't have any further confirmation on this, or how that would even work.
As I hear more info, I'll continue to post updates.