Saturday, August 26, 2006

Additional Gala Tickets?

As of 11:47 PM, August 26, it appears that gala tickets are still available for:

  • The White Planet
  • Never Say Goodbye
  • Bonneville
  • Mon Meilleur Ami
  • Black Book
  • The Banquet
  • After the Wedding

For the remaining gala presentations, the online ordering site has notes saying the performances are sold out, but to "continue to check back as new inventory may become available". That would seem to imply they may release additional blocks of tickets at a later date, although they don't specify when that might occur. That could be days later, or even after the festival actually starts.

2 comments:

On the last page of the Pass and Coupon Order Book, they list Gala Tickets. Aren't these all sold out? Would I be wasting a request if I marked one of them as one of my choices from my 10-pack of coupons?
This is the first time I've done this whole Festival Coupon Order Ticket Book Pack Schedule Request Form process. It can be a bit confusing.

You're probably best off calling the festival to find out. I've never tried ordering gala tickets from the order book, unless it was a secondary showing at a theatre other than Roy Thomson Hall. I don't know if they keep a special batch of tickets for coupon holders to purchase or not.

My experiences at the Toronto International Film Festival. Note this blog is not affiliated with the Toronto International Film Festival Group or the festival itself.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites