Just a reminder that pickup of Advance Order tickets begins tomorrow, Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 7:00 AM at the festival box office at Nathan Phillips Square. You will need your Pick Up Voucher to pick up your completed orders. If you did not participate in the Advance Order procedure, then you must wait until September 4, 2009 at 7:00 AM to buy individual tickets.
If you provided an e-mail address to the festival on your order envelope, you should receive back a confirmation of which of your first and/or second choice films you received. If you did not get a film because there were no seats remaining, you will receive a voucher which you can exchange for a different film of your choice at any time from September 3 onwards. If you did not receive an e-mail confirmation before tomorrow morning (regardless of whether you provided one or not), then you should just show up tomorrow with your Pick Up Voucher anyway.
If you want to use your voucher(s) and/or exchange any of your existing films, you can do so tomorrow as well. Note you cannot purchase additional tickets over and above what was in your order until general sales begin on Friday, September 4, 2009 at 7:00 AM.
- If you received all your choices, then I would recommend you *not* show up right at 7:00 AM, as you'll be waiting in line longer than you need to.
- Don't forget your Pick Up Voucher!
- Note ticket pick up occurs in one line, and exchanges in another. Make sure you ask a festival volunteer to make sure you're in the correct line.
- You must pick up your tickets and/or vouchers before doing any exchanges.
- Plan ahead if you are going to make exchanges. One of the things that slows everything down is people who end up taking a long time at the front of the exchange line to flip back and forth through the schedule trying to find a film they want to see.
- The festival usually posts big boards listing all the screenings, and some films will be marked as Off Sale. This means those screenings have no advance order tickets available for them, and you will not be able to select them at this time. It is possible additional tickets will go on sale starting September 4, or on the day of the screening.