Monday, August 19, 2013

Selection Times Being E-mailed

TIFF is in the process of sending out e-mails with the start of selection windows for each My Choice package. A lot of people have tweeted that they've received their e-mails; I got mine at 4:52 PM on Monday, August 19, 2013. The festival tweeted that e-mails are still going out, so don't worry if you haven't gotten yours yet. If you haven't received it after today, I'd suggest calling the festival to get your time.

Tomorrow, on Tuesday, August 20, 2013, the festival will release the full schedule with dates and times for all the screenings. You'll be able to see this information online at the website, or you can head to the festival box office at 225 King St W and pick up an Official Film Schedule. Note starting August 20th, all festival-related purchases/inquiries will be handled from the festival box office, not the Lightbox (unless you are a Patrons Circle member).

If you pre-purchased a programme book online, you should have received an image with a pick-up voucher for the book. You'll need to bring that voucher with you, printed out (not on your phone or tablet), in order to claim your programme book. If you did not receive (because you ordered over the phone or in-person) or lost your voucher, you will have to go to the festival box office with your reservation #, photo ID, and credit card. Note the festival says they won't replace vouchers until September 2. Note you don't need a programme book to make your selections; the free official film schedule or the information online at the website is sufficient.

Consult my page http://tifftalk.blogspot.ca/p/advance-ordering.html to find out how the online ticketing process works for selecting your My Choice films. It doesn't look like they've changed the process at all from 2012 so far.





 

8 comments:

I have both a Premium Pack and A Regular Pack. I got the exact same start times for both. Is that an error or do you think I lucked out? I got different passcodes for each one.

If you bought both packages at the same time, it's not unusual to get the same time slot for both. You will have to log in separately for each package, though.

I bought them a week apart.

I wouldn't worry about it since they did send you a separate passcodes for each package.

I bought a My Choice Day Pack. I'm still waiting for my time. I've phoned and emailed TIFF and was told there is a problem but each time I call I'm told I'll have it by the end of the day. Today's Friday and still waiting.

If you have a Daytime pack, your selection window won't be until September 2 anyway. Only Regular Flex and Premium packs start picking tomorrow, and even then the first day or two will be Patron Circle members.

Just received my time for the My Choice Day Pack. I have a family membership & was given a time of 1pm on the 2nd. Shouldn't I have been given a morning time slot or is that for contributor members and higher?

You have to be Contributor level or higher to get advanced times (Individual and Family memberships don't have that particular benefit), so 1 PM time probably isn't that bad considering.

My experiences at the Toronto International Film Festival. Note this blog is not affiliated with the Toronto International Film Festival Group or the festival itself.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites