Friday, September 05, 2008

Thoughts on Day 1

Some quick thoughts on the first day of the 2008 festival (ok, I only saw one film):

  • JCVD was excellent, and although JCVD himself wasn't present (he was directing his 2nd film in Thailand, I believe it was), director Mabrouk El Mechri was, and gave a very good Q&A (review is coming).
  • HBO was giving out DVDs of the first episode of the upcoming series True Blood, from Six Feet Under creator Alan Ball.
  • The festival again this year is keeping things short and sweet before the film. Quick spots for Motorola and Cineplex, a quick funny spot from Cadillac, a new volunteer spot, and a short Bell Lightbox spot (which is not using Feist's I Feel it All this year; pity, as that was really catchy. I haven't heard enough of this year's to place it, but feel free to comment if you recognize it).
  • My friend actually lost his ticket to JCVD, but some kind soul found it and returned it to the Toronto Life Square box office, and they were able to track him down and get him to pick it up. Nice to know that Toronto the Good still exists today.
  • As I was walking to Ryerson, I passed by a huge crowd waiting behind the Elgin for what I assume was the cast of RocknRolla. Looks like if you're trying to see any celebs for screenings at the Visa Screening Room, the back entrance is where you want to be.

0 comments:

My experiences at the Toronto International Film Festival. Note this blog is not affiliated with the Toronto International Film Festival Group or the festival itself.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites