Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Quick Reviews for Day 5

With any luck I'll be able to catch up a bit on Tuesday since I only have two films, but for now, some more quick thoughts on recent films:

New York, I Love You: still a work-in-progress, and the producers requested people hold off on reviews as a result, so for now I will say it looks quite similar in form and fashion to Paris, je t'aime. I did enjoy the cut they presented.
L'Heure d'ete: A French drama about a family both coming together and moving apart after the death of their mother. An interesting look at the dynamic between generations, but I still need to think about whether it went deep enough.
Un conte de Noel: Another French drama about a dysfunctional family coming together over the holidays, and the relationships and secrets between parents and children, brothers and sisters and cousins. Some good performances, but I probably enjoyed this one a bit less than L'Heure d'ete.

0 comments:

My experiences at the Toronto International Film Festival. Note this blog is not affiliated with the Toronto International Film Festival Group or the festival itself.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites