Just a reminder, tickets go on sale for all screenings starting tomorrow, Wednesday, September 3, 2008, at 7:00 AM ET.
Your options for purchasing tickets come 7:00 AM are:
- Online, at http://tiff08.ca/. Click the Buy Tickets link at the top right of any page on the site.
- By phone at (416) 968-FILM or toll-free at 1-877-968-FILM.
- At the Manulife Centre box office at 55 Bloor Street West (Bloor and Bay Streets), on the 1st floor, north entrance.
- At the Toronto Life Square box office at Yonge and Dundas, on the 3rd floor.
- At the Roy Thomson Hall box office at 60 Simcoe Street.
Online or by phone, you must use Visa. At the box offices, you can use Visa, cash, debit, or top-up vouchers (I don't know if you can use vouchers online, but I wouldn't count on it; please post in the comments if you can).
Tickets are available for all screenings for the entire length of the festival, including showings at the Visa Screening Room and Roy Thomson Hall (you can actually buy tickets for these gala showings right now, but all others start on the 3rd). You do *not* need to have purchased a package or pass or anything like that; from this point on, you can buy tickets to any showing you want that has availability.
Screenings that may have been marked off-sale the past few days for the advance order process may have additional seats available starting on Wednesday. Additional seats may also be released the day of the screening, so keep checking back if there's something you really want to see.
Tickets will likely go fast for screenings in the evening and on weekends, and the first half of the festival tends to sell out earlier than the back half. You can also look at the previous posting on films that sold out during the advance order process, to get an idea of what might be popular when general ticketing starts on the 3rd (http://tifftalk.blogspot.com/2008/09/sold-out-advance-tickets.html). As mentioned earlier, additional tickets will likely be released for the films on this list.