Sunday, September 07, 2008

Thoughts on Days 2 and 3

Some quick thoughts on days 2 and 3 of the 2008 festival:

  • Pretty good so far, haven't seen anything I absolutely hated or couldn't comprehend.
  • If you're picking up tickets, try the Roy Thomson Hall box office. It's a bit out of the way if you aren't seeing a gala, but I got through the line in about 10 minutes.
  • I think the festival needs to evaluate the system for line ups at the AMC. It generally works for the box office line, but I've seen instances of people budding in as the movie lines go into to the theatre from the street; there's just too many gaps to completely stop that kind of thing. Maybe they should give out yellow tickets to those in the movie lines like they do for the box office line.
  • Most of the TIFF hosts have been good for the Q&A's I've been at, but they should all remember to repeat the questions that are being asked so everyone can hear.
  • Speaking of which, most of the Q&As I've been at so far have had good questions (the one exception being Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist), but my friend was at Yes Madam, Sir, and one woman spent more time talking about the organization she runs than asking a question of the woman who was in the documentary.
  • I'm not sure the sound system completely works at Ryerson; for both this film, and for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, it was difficult to hear dialogue in scenes with a lot of background music (which, unfortunately, happens a lot in both films).

0 comments:

My experiences at the Toronto International Film Festival. Note this blog is not affiliated with the Toronto International Film Festival Group or the festival itself.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites