The festival announced some more documentary films for this year:
- Ahead of Time, from Bob Richman (Metallica: Some Kind of Monster), about Ruth Gruber, who in 1931 was the world's youngest Ph.D. at the time, and covered the Exodus 1947.
- Once Upon a Time Proletarian: 12 Tales of a Country, from Guo Xiaolu (She, A Chinese), with 12 stories about people in modern China.
- Stolen, from Violeta Ayala and Dan Fallshaw, about the Saharawi refugees who have been in Alergian camps for more than 30 years.
- The Sunshine Boy, from Fridrik Thor Fridriksson, about a woman trying to understand her son's autism.
- Waking Sleeping Beauty, from Don Hahn, about the rebirth of the Disney animation studio in the late 80's and 90's. Hahn himself was a producer on a number of the films including Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.