Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Order Book Pickup

I picked up my order book and my programme guide this morning. More info on that in a later post. I arrived at 9:00 AM, and there was already a line of about 150 people or so. It took me about 35 minutes to get through the line, although by that time the line was longer than when I first arrived. I'm guessing that at peak times today (likely around lunch and after work), it could take at least 45 minutes to an hour to get through the line, so leave yourself some time.

The pickup point is at street level, at the corner of Dundas and Victoria (the southeast corner of the Toronto Life Square building). The lineup snakes north up Victoria. I don't know if the pickup location will remain there for the rest of this week or if they will move it upstairs, but check with the festival volunteers there.

Speaking of which, a tip for newcomers. Before getting in any line, track down the festival volunteer usually at the head of the line, and verify that the line is the correct one for you to be in (you can identify the volunteers by their headsets or festival t-shirts). The festival doesn't always have someone at the end of the line (though they probably should) telling people what the line is for. There were a couple of guys behind me in line that didn't realize they had to have already purchased a ticket package.

Don't forget, you need your Envelope voucher and your 2008 Programme Book Voucher (if you bought one). Make sure you get an envelope, the advanced order book, and a copy of the official festival schedule, as you will need all three to complete your order. If you opted not to get the optional Programme Book, then you'll also need to get a yellow and a green highlighter.

1 comments:

My girlfriend went around 12:50PM... it took her about 15 minutes to get the package (by then they were handed out envelopes to the line if you weren't getting a programme book, so it sped up getting a programme book).

My experiences at the Toronto International Film Festival. Note this blog is not affiliated with the Toronto International Film Festival Group or the festival itself.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites