Just a reminder, if you want to get tickets for films showing at Roy Thomson Hall and/or the Visa Screening Room at the Elgin Theatre, they go on sale to the general public on August 23, 2008, starting at 10:00 AM.
Your options for purchasing tickets are:
- Online, at http://tiff08.ca. Click the Buy Tickets link at the top right of any page on the site.
- By phone at (416) 968-FILM or toll-free at 1-877-968-FILM.
- As of August 23, at the Manulife Centre box office at Bloor and Bay Streets.
- As of August 26, also at the Toronto Life Square box office at Yonge and Dundas.
- As of September 3, also at the Roy Thomson Hall box office.
Tickets are $37.38 each ($18.57 for same-day students and seniors), and you are limited to four tickets per film. They recommend you check back later if the film you want is sold out, as they may release more seats as the festival goes on.
The films at Roy Thomson Hall are the galas, which are generally the films with the biggest buzz or the biggest stars. For example, the Coen brothers' Burn After Reading, with George Clooney and Brad Pitt, is a gala. If you really, really want to see these types of films or these celebrities, the premium ticketing is probably your best bet; and this year, that holds true even for pass/package holders in the advanced lottery, as most passes/packages will NOT allow you to select films at RTH or the Elgin this year.