If you didn't participate in the advance order process this year, and you didn't buy a package with pre-selected films, and you're wondering how to see films at the festival, here's what you can do:
- Buy tickets right now for films showing at Roy Thomson Hall or the Visa Screening Room at the Elgin. There are still tickets available for a number of these screenings, especially later in the festival.
- Starting Wednesday, September 3, 2008, you will be able to purchase tickets for all screenings.
- Once the festival starts on September 4, 2008, if a film you want to see is sold out, you can get in the rush line at the theatre showing the film, before the screening. People in this line will have the opportunity to buy any tickets that become available, although there's no guarantee that there will be any, or that there will be enough for everyone in the rush line.
To buy tickets before the day of the screening, you can do the following:
- Online, at http://tiff08.ca/. Click the Buy Tickets link at the top right of any page on the site.
- By phone at (416) 968-FILM or toll-free at 1-877-968-FILM.
- At the Manulife Centre box office at Bloor and Bay Streets.
- At the Toronto Life Square box office at Yonge and Dundas.
- As of September 3, 2008, also at the Roy Thomson Hall box office.
- Check the official festival site here (http://tiff08.ca/boxofficeinfo/locationsandhours/default.aspx) for more information on hours of operation, as the box offices will be closed this weekend as they process advance orders.
To buy tickets the day of the screening, you can use any of the above methods, or starting one hour before the first screening of anything that day at the theatre, you can buy directly from the theatre box office. These box offices are at:
- Visa Screening Room at the Elgin Theatre
- The Wintergarden Theatre
- AMC Yonge & Dundas 24
- Isabel Bader
- Jackman Hall
Note these box offices will only sell same-day tickets. You will not be able to buy tickets for other movies on other days.
If you order over the internet or the phone, you can pick up your tickets from the Manulife Centre, the Toronto Life Square, or the Roy Thomson Hall box offices. You can also pick up your tickets at the box office of the theatre showing the first film in your order, provided you get there at least an hour before the screening starts.
The festival accepts cash, debit, and Visa (no other types of credit cards are accepted).